The Centre for Research on Self-Employment (CRSE) is currently seeking papers for the fifth Global Workshop on Freelancing and Self-Employment Research, taking place 26-27 April 2018 in central London.
Paper guidelines and key dates:
- Title and abstract due: 31 January 2018
- Accepted papers will be notified: Week commencing 15 February 2018
- Draft papers and presentation slides due: 12 April 2018
As well as providing researchers with an opportunity to present their latest work in the area, a selection of the best papers from the workshop will be considered for the next edition of the Handbook on Freelancing and Self-Employment.
This event will also coincide with IPSE’s Policy Conference being held on 25 April in London. Researchers interested in attending this pre-workshop event will have the opportunity to engage with key politicians, policymakers and business leaders in an active debate on the issues surrounding self-employment and set a research agenda motivated by business practice and public policy.
Please let us know if you would like to receive more details on how to register for this event when they become available.
We are interested in far-reaching and interdisciplinary research on freelancing, independent contracting and solo self-employment. We are also particularly interested in, but not limited to, the following research questions/topics:
- Impact of freelancers on business/economic performance
- Organisational form, organisational behaviour and self-employment
- False versus legitimate solo self-employment
- Taxation of the self-employed
- Insecure and precariat working conditions among the self-employed
- Income inequality dimensions of freelancing
- Segmentation of the self-employed workforce
- Trends in the self-employed labour market
- Self-employed workers and labour market competitivenes
- Gender dimensions of self-employment
- Wellbeing work/life balance among the self-employed
- Pension provision among the self-employed
- Workers’ rights and compatibility with self-employment
- Social insurance and self-employment
- Training and lifelong learning among the self-employed
The CRSE will provide a budget for travel, as well as cover the cost of the following for one presenter of each selected paper:
- Accommodation and breakfast at selected hotel
- Networking dinner: 26 April 2018
- Attendance at seminar including all meals during the event
Attendance of additional authors will be at their own expense.
For more information contact: email@example.com or +44 7494 529586.